Message sent from:

Mortimer St Mary's C.E. Junior School Believe, Achieve and Together We Can Succeed

Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Local Offer

Schools are required to publish information about services they provide for children with disabilities and Special Educational Needs.  This is called the ‘local offer’. This document also contains the information which the Governing Body is required to report on regarding Special Educational Needs.  We review this document annually and it also serves as our Special Education Needs Annual Report for the school.

The intention is to offer choice and transparency for families, as well as providing a resource for professionals to detail the range of services and provision locally. 

Our local offer document can be accessed hereYour questions may be answered by our Frequently Asked Questions document, but if not please do not hesitate to contact us at office@msm.w-berks.sch.uk

Our Accessibility Plan and Equality Information & Objectives can be found in the policies section of this website.

West Berkshire Council's Local Offer can be accessed here

If you are looking for advice, support, or services for your child with special needs/and or disability aged 0 - 25 years then West Berkshire Parent Carer Forum may be able to help and advise you.  Click here to visit their website.

West Berkshire Council's Disability Information Service has produced a newsletter giving information about events, activities, support groups, etc and this can be viewed here

SEND Local Offer Newsletter

The latest copy of West Berkshire Council's SEND Local Offer Newsletter can be found here

Listed below are some of the outside agencies with whom we work collaboratively:

West Berkshire Council’s Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Department including:

Educational Psychologists
Theale Language & Literacy Centre
Sensory Consortium Service (supporting children with hearing or visual impairment)
Integrated Therapies (Speech & Language, Occupational Therapy)
Specialist Inclusion Support Service
Autistic Spectrum Team
Help for Families
Cognitive & Learning Team, West Berkshire Council

Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)

Ethnic Minority & Traveller Services

SEN Complaints

The DfE advises that if parents wish to complain about their child's SEN support they should do so while their child is still registered at the school.  This includes complaints that the school has not provided the support required by a child’s SEN statement or education, health and care (EHC) plan.

If you wish to make a complaint you should initially talk to our Special Education Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO).  If you are still not satisfied then you should follow the procedures in our Complaints Policy.  This can be found in the "policies" section of this website. Finally, parents can make a complaint to the local authority if they are still not satisfied. 

Hit enter to search